Different Ways Of Giving
Dalit Solidarity is a tax-exempt charity with 501(c)(3) status. All your contributions to Dalit Solidarity are tax-deductible. Please choose to contribute whatever method suits you best to benefit the poor and marginalised in India.
You may donate securely online using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit or debit card. You may make a one-time gift or set up a recurring donation, as for sponsorship.
Give By Mail
Please join the Dalit Solidarity family today by sponsoring a child, or offering a loved one the gift of a donation in his or her name. Your support will enable us to continue our mission. Please mail your tax-deductible donations to “Dalit Solidarity, Inc. P.O. Box 178995, San Diego, CA 92177 .”
Give By Phone
Call us at 708-612-4248 or leave a message and we will call you back. Please have your credit or debit card ready.
Giving Stocks & Securities
Dalit Solidarity’s broker is: FIDELITY INVESTMENT
Customer Service Number: 1-800-544-6666
DTC #: 0226
Account Number: Z66379069
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Dalit Solidarity.
- Dalit Solidarity sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- Use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
Name Dalit Solidarity as a beneficiary in your will, annuity, insurance policy, or trust. Contact us or your estate planning professional for more information.
Benefits of Giving
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
Dalit Solidarity, Inc. is a tax-exempt and charitable organization and therefore all contributions are tax-deductible. Please make your check payable to “Dalit Solidarity, Inc. P. O. Box 178995, San Diego, CA 92177”.